Saturday, January 24, 2009

Houston Half-Marathon-Completed in 2 Hours and 34 Minutes!

We are #1 (well, technically I think we were like 1000 something out of 25,000 racers?)
DeAnn and Me


Ok, I know this blog is our family journey to adoption and the life growing photos of my beautiful son, Turner but I am going to pat my self on the back for one paragraph! DeAnn and I have been training for a year to complete a half-marathon. We started with a great program called 'couch to 5k', raced in several 5ks, and worked our way up to our half-marathon. We have had so much fun running together or working out at the gym and it all paid off in the end. We plan on racing in the pancake 5k this March which was our very first 5k to compete in and we hope to beat our time by a long shot. And, we hope to complete more half-marathons in the future! So, I would like to say a big thanks to DeAnn for being a great running partner and heres to more races: sore knees. pulled muscles, and most of all, bye to all of the weight we've lost!!!


No comments: