Saturday, January 24, 2009

Adoption Update or lack thereof!

I received a phone call from our adoption agency this week and it was not good news. But, I didn't expect to receive good news. Apparently the Kaz Embassy is not letting Dossiers get passed through from our agency and maybe a few others. So, our Dossier was returned. I was given options to either change countries (again), drop out, or just wait to see if anything changes with the Embassy. Well, I just told them we would wait it out. I really don't want to change countries and I am ok with just waiting for now. And, I've said it before, Turner is a 3 year old and we are just enjoying him for the moment. So, we will wait and see. Maybe something else will come up this year?

4 comments:

Jenkins Family said...

I have to say, in your shoes I would look at changing agencies before I would change countries. Redoing the dossier is awful! I started with America World for China, but decided to switch to Kaz because of the wait. We decided not to stay with America World because they did not have one of the most efficient Kaz programs- and it is a country where agency connections REALLY matter. We are with LMI now, between trips. I can't say there haven't been some frustrations and snags, but all in all- if you are thinking Kaz I would go with LMI or WPA or no one.

brooke said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog and I too wanted to suggest switching agencies. I have not started the adoption process yet, but I agree with the advice from the Jenkins Family. I hear excellent things about World Partners Adoption (WPA). Good luck to your family!!!

Michelle and Jeff said...

Hey, I am not sure if I have commented on your blog before. Jeff and I are also currently with CHI in the Kaz program and received news that despite being told for 8 months that our dossier was in country at the MFA it has actually been collecting dust at the consulate and never left the States. Long before this happened we were tossing around the idea of switching agencies. I am sorry to hear that your wait time is now extended. I am glad that you are able to enjoy your time with Turner. I am not going to suggest that you change agencies, especially if you are fine with where you are at, but maybe contact a couple just to see your options.
Good Luck!!
Michelle

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

so sorry you received bad news... that is so discouraging... we have been in your exact shoes... our dossier was submitted in May of last year... at the consulate for 3 weeks (or so) and then returned...
urg!!!! Still waiting..
enjoy that boy!!! He's a cutie!!