Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Before I Became a Mom...

I was never a very emotional person. I never had a problem working in the ER department when children would come in due to car wrecks, or drank a bottle of lantern oil, or having astma attacks. I loved working in the NICU where babies who were born to mothers with drug or alcohol addictions stayed for months at a time and may never get to see the light of day. I always felt a connection to those sweet children whether they lived or died, I helped take care of them.
But now that I have a child of my own, I worry every day of disease, destruction, and death. So, for me to listen to the news (which I do every day), pains me to hear that a dad could take the life of his 5 children just because he lost his job. It just doesn't make sense to me. I pray for that family and the loss of life. And, I pray that my son never has to worry about the things that I worry about being a mom. Well, atleast until he becomes a dad.

No comments: