Thursday, October 16, 2008

We Can Go All The Way!

I have yet to blog about training for my first ever half-marathon coming up in January. DeAnn and I have been working out and running 5ks since this spring. We've been doing great, improving our time each race. My first 5k I ran in 37 minutes. Not bad considering it had this horrible hill that went up forever. Well, last night we ran at LSUS. The humidity had to be atleast 200%. But, overall we did really good. DeAnn wanted to come in at 29 min but we just missed that. We came in at 30:24, 2nd and 3rd place in girls! Oh, and our first mile we ran in 8:30! That is the best mile I have ever ran! So, HIGH-FIVE to us!
CORRECTION TO MY TIME: (Official Results were posted this afternoon)
Francesca McLelland 28:34.6
So, DeAnn and I did break 30 minutes!! YIPEE

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

You rocked it! I suck. Maybe I should get a self esteem booster!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

you are awesome...
HIGH FIVES!!!!!