Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Adoption Update (Or lack thereof)

I was trying to wait a bit on updating everyone on the adoption process until I here back from our agency on whether our dossier was returned. Kazakhstan has issued that Dossiers that have not made it to a region and specified a gender will be returned to be redone. They say that all children should be treated equally and therefor all children should have the chance to be adopted. So, we are now not allowed to specify whether we want a girl or a boy. Well, Wes and I asked for a girl in all of our paperwork.
We have not told our agency our plans yet but if our Dossier is returned we will probably drop out. We have not waited nearly as long as other mothers and fathers out there but I did not want a huge gap in age between Turner and a sibling. And, I loved the fact that our family would have diversity! A totally different culture to learn and incoporate into our 'American' heritage. But, things change.
Wes and I have a beautiful boy. Most parents waiting to adopt do not have any children. We are so lucky to have him which is why I can not complain or fuss about not getting a referral. We are just going to wait and see what happens next.

8 comments:

Dorothy, Mike and Grace said...

I just found your blog today and I can relate.We have a daughter and were hoping to adopt a boy from Kazakhstan.It seems everytime I think we must be going soon,something changes.I hope something positive happens for your family soon.Don't give up hope.Take Care dotantoniuk@hotmail.com

Erin Turner said...

We are all hopefull that you will end this journey with as much compassion and selflessness (is that a word) as you began it with. We love you!

Harmondk2 said...

It's interesting how "things happen for a reason" actually starts to make sense. Being a family that was also impacted by the policy change, time has helped us figure things out.

:)

The Harmons

Matthew Ruley said...

I am sorry to hear this news. I don't think there is anything else I can say. - we're thinking of you and all the other affected or potentially affected families...

Kathy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the setback. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you guys. - Kathy (Annabelle's Mommy)

McMary said...

As another person affected by this change, I am thinking of you. I wish you the best in your future. I admire your spirit.

McMary said...

Just wndering if you have heard from CHI yet?
I'm thinking of you.

lisa said...

Sorry, I had to go back to see if there was any new news. Have you heard anything? Please email me if you can get the chance at Lsbblues@aol.com. Last I heard I was at the MFA but that was in April! No news is good news? Limbo is so not fun!!

Lisa